Friday, November 18, 2011

Winter Thoughts

There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself.  ~Ruth Stout
 

It's been a while, huh?

These last few months have left little time/motivation for blogging as the unavoidable task called WORK suddenly consumed my life.  My writing fell by the wayside as travel memos & weekend interruptions became a incessant part of my day.  Any free time I had was devoted to cleaning, groceries, laundry and the occasional hanging out with friends.

Fortunately, things like Pinterest and the occasional novel have kept me inspired and helped me through those times when I wanted nothing more than to just go home, turn off my phone, and crawl into bed.  I still have those days, but there is light at the end of the tunnel--we have less than a month and I will be done!! 

What comes next?  Only He knows...

I do know, however, that meeting my newest nephew is on the list.  I'll head to Lexington about a week after he arrives to help with my brother & sister-in-law's three other children.  Yes, four children total...I don't know how you mothers do it...

After that, I'm sure I'll be focusing a bit more on this list and on my writing...and savoring that time of belonging to myself =)

Since it's been a while (and I've neglected to post anything to FB), here's a peek at some of the good times I've had over the past few months...
Being Slash & Axl Rose for Halloween
FINALLY making it up to Washington, DC and Arlington (Thanks to AC, Tyler, & Amy!)
My NEW car!!! 2012 Altima Sports Edition =)
SEC Championship--Geaux Tigers!!!!
Here's to a new year!!

1 comment:

  1. love that quote at the top! nice to peak into your life a little!!

    ReplyDelete