Thursday, June 2, 2011

Birthday Bliss

Birthdays usually don't sneak up on me like this last one did.  29 isn't necessarily a landmark age (especially with the big 3-0 looming in the horizon), so I was surprised when I looked at the calendar & found that not only was I about to have an expired driver's license, but my birthday was only two days away...and I hadn't thought about either of them at all

Yeeesh!  Am I that old??  I remember starting my birthday list the day after CHRISTMAS--hopefully ensuring that my unfulfilled Christmas wishes would end up in my possession by summer--and counting down until the day I turned __!!  Oh the excitement!!!!

Nowadays, I do different lists (remember this one?) and the countdown isn't quite as fun anymore.

Fortunately, I have an amazing man in my life who had been thinking ahead and planned a wonderful birthday night with my closest friends.  That amazing night carried on into the weekend with more presents, an amazing dinner, catching up with old friends, a fabulous time with my family, and to top it off...a delicious homemade gluten free ice cream cake.

Thank you everyone for an amazing week!!!  And thank you Jay =)

No comments:

Post a Comment